I’m an interdisciplinary designer obsessed with creating thoughtful experiences.
We helped Resource Media showcase its value to ensure they don’t lose potential partners.
Grow the Future
Exploring a shift in how people view home gardening during a global pandemic.
My experience as an Airbnb Host on the Washington Coast-inspired a pivot to UX
My business opened in the spring of 2019 in a small town by the Pacific Ocean. I am obsessed with observing how my creativity impacts how people experience things. Realizing I could transition my graphic design background into a UX career, I decided to move to Seattle in January of 2020 to study at the School of Visual Concepts to gain a UX certificate.
I’m an interdisciplinary designer with 20 years of graphic design and a lifetime of visual art. I understand the basics of how digital products function and can effectively communicate with teams from varying backgrounds. Successful products emerge from team synergy, advocating for the user while meeting business goals.
Outside of design work, I enjoy surfing, traveling to unconventional places, painting, and hanging out with my cat (boss).
I want to transition from freelance graphic design to a UX role in a team.
I have a background in UI, print, and visual design. One may assume the pivot into UX naturally emerged from my graphic design background; however, my position as a top-ranking Airbnb ‘superhost’ inspires me to pursue a career in UX because it involves consistent problem discovery, user testing, and creative solution exploration and implementation.
- UX Certificate Program / School of Visual Concepts, Seattle WA / 2020 – 2021
- HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, MySQL, Networking / Peninsula College, Port Angeles WA / 2009 – 2010
- Bachelors of Fine Art / Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle WA / 2005 – 2008
- Study Abroad / Griffith University, Queensland College of Art and Design, Gold Coast Australia / 2007 (6 mo)
- A.A.A.S. Degree in Visual Communications / Shoreline Community College, Shoreline WA / 2001 – 2004
- Packard Design Works / Freelance Design Generalist / 2012 to present
- Grays Harbor Tourism
- I was chosen from a stack of submissions for an RFP to redesign the Grays Harbor Tourism logo.
- Logan Marketing
- 8-year client relationship to aid in the launch of Logan Marketing by supplying web updates, full web design and troubleshooting CSS, writing CSS for visual customizations outside of WordPress theme layout constraints to help strengthen and build Logan Marketing’s client list and trust within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Adam Leland Homes
- The lead for all design, including a full website and later a website redesign for a rebranding project. I designed their new logo, supporting design elements, and a brand style guide to aid in the website redesign and other marketing efforts moving forward.
- Aloha Alabama BBQ
- Solluna by Kimberly Snyder
- InsideOut Solutions / UI Designer and customer relations / 2010 to 2012
- Zooppa / Graphic Design Generalist / 2009 to 2010
- Contour / Web Designer and Technial Illustrator / 2008 5 Months
- Seattle Met / Design Intern / 2007 3 Months